how to edit CD audio tracks?

G

Could someone please tell me which is the best software program that would allow me to edit audio sound tracks?

For example, I have some CDs that have live performance music on tracks in which radio commercials precede the music (on the same track).

So, I would like to remove the commercial from the track, so that each track just has music and no radio commercials.
Do you know how this could be done?

Would I have to first convert the audio track into an MP3 file and then edit it that way?

And, after it is edited, I wish to burn a CD of the "cleaned up" tracks, so that I can play the cleaned-up CD in my Sony CD-Walkman.

If you know any software that could do this, I would really appreciate knowing about it.

Thanks!!
the1rb@aol.com

carlowdelete1

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2001
SoundForge is a very good tool to use. However, I'm sure it is more than you need. It can edit MP3s, WAV, and many others, then save them or burn them to CDs.

I'm sure if you goto www.download.com or some other shareware site you will find a cheaper alternative.

zigzag

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2002
You would probably be better off editing in raw format. Just because editing in mp3 will consume monster amounts of processor. I used to use a program called GoldWave a long time ago. I dont' know if it was ported to win32, but it was a great little tool!

-zigzag