How to have Audio through Cable Box AND TV apps

Jul 31, 2018
Tv: Samsung UN60F7100
Home theater Reciever: Denon AVR S540B
Cable Box: Xfinity

So: Everything works perfect- Cable Box HDMI to Home Theater in- HT out to TV HDMI in.
For cable box all good BUT:
Now using Smart TV features (apps built into TV and NOT through Cable Box) like HULU and Amazon Prime. I guess the ultimate answer is to ditch the cable TV BUT - if I don’t how can I get the TV to send through the Home Theater and at same time keep the current configuration for Cable??

In other words- I’d like to hear the smart TV apps through Home Theater as well as Cable Box.

Solution
The simplest way will be to use ARC. If the TV has an HDMI input labeled ARC then connect the HDMI output of the receiver to it.
You usually have to turn ARC on in the TV menu. You may also have to turn off the TV speakers. Check the TV manual.
You may have to assign ARC to an input name in the receiver input set up menu. Check the Denon manual for details.
If the TV doesn't have an HDMI-ARC input then it may have an audio output. If it has a digital audio output (optical is most common) then connect that to the receiver and follow the same instructions as for ARC. The last option is to use the analog audio output if the TV has one. You won't get digital surround sound if you use it but better than nothing.
If the TV doesn't have any...
The simplest way will be to use ARC. If the TV has an HDMI input labeled ARC then connect the HDMI output of the receiver to it.
You usually have to turn ARC on in the TV menu. You may also have to turn off the TV speakers. Check the TV manual.
You may have to assign ARC to an input name in the receiver input set up menu. Check the Denon manual for details.
If the TV doesn't have an HDMI-ARC input then it may have an audio output. If it has a digital audio output (optical is most common) then connect that to the receiver and follow the same instructions as for ARC. The last option is to use the analog audio output if the TV has one. You won't get digital surround sound if you use it but better than nothing.
If the TV doesn't have any audio outputs then you will need to get an external streamer that can connect directly to the receiver with HDMI.

Solution