How to hook up cable coax to a tv that the coax screw on thing broke off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sissy28

Commendable
Sep 9, 2016
Ok I tried to hook up a new/used tv to coax but the screw on thing broke off. Is there any other way to hook it up? The tv has all the different HDMI and the colored holes, and USB. Any advice is appreciated.

Could it b hooked ob through a DVD player or something like that?

Solution
If you broke the connection off of the TV, you'll either need to replace it or pass the cable connection through another device (and use this intermediate device to connect to an alternate port, i.e, HDMI, composite, etc). The problem is this, unless you have a cable box, DVR, or a VCR, or some other similar device, you can't do that. Most DVD players can't accept the inbound cable connection (unless you have a DVD recorder).

COLGeek

Cybernaut
If you broke the connection off of the TV, you'll either need to replace it or pass the cable connection through another device (and use this intermediate device to connect to an alternate port, i.e, HDMI, composite, etc). The problem is this, unless you have a cable box, DVR, or a VCR, or some other similar device, you can't do that. Most DVD players can't accept the inbound cable connection (unless you have a DVD recorder).

Solution

Larry_74

Commendable
Oct 19, 2016

I believe I answered a similar question recently.

The COAX connector sends the signal to the TV's tuner.

In order to use a DVD player, a VCR blah-blah, to watch TV, such device must have a tuner.

Since you are asking, I'll assume your don't have cable service with a set-top box, because that set-top box is an actual tuner.

Over-The-Air broadcast to your DVD/VCR equipped tuner depends whether you are still receiving analog signal and whether your DVD/VCR have a digital tuner.

All too complicated? talk to the geeky neighbor's kid, he may know enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.