Solved! How to increase volume on my mic? My mic it's very low

Jun 25, 2018
Hi everyone:
I have the m-track gain almost to the highest level and i have to put the mic 1cm from my mouth so people can hear me.

- I have m-track 2 and a Samson C03 which i use with phantom.
- I use the microphone mostly for Streaming, Hangouts Calls and Discord

People tell me the sound of my mic is very low but i've turned the input gain way up on my m-track 2 and windows recording level settings in 80, which is almost full. In spite of this, i have to get like 1cm or less from the mic so people can hear me a little bit, but if i move 2 cms away they can't hear me. As you can see this is very annoying and uncomfortble.

In case of Streaming i use OBS and i use a filter "compressor" which i increase gain and it's a solution but in Discord, Skype, Hangouts and gaming i can't find a solution.

Where am i missing? I'm not a audio professional and i don't need to be one, but i need to know how to fix this. Maybe this mic is for onlye recording closer to it? It works better one mic i have which costs $10 bucks.

Thanks everyone.

avalon096

Commendable
Feb 1, 2017
On your pc at the bottom right there is a small speaker icon.. Right click and select recording devices... Select you mic in the list right click and select properties go to the levels section and raise the microphone and microphone boost bars... That's it

avalon096

Commendable
Feb 1, 2017
Well you have to use the setup configuration..... '' ''Setup Microphone'' I had the exact issue after I configured it it works perfectly... Uptil now

Solution