How to make 480i res camera better?

Aceiscoolpro

Honorable
Nov 2, 2013
My aunt gave me an old camera she never used but this camera is around 30 years old. It's an official movie camera it's 'panasonic s-vhs movie camera nv-ms5' you can easily find a booklet online but my issue is that i really want to put this camera to use. The problem i have with it is that it seems to record at a 480i resolution, and i have to use 's-vhs' tapes to record videos and s-vhs only happen to record 480i res tapes or so i think. Is there a way to increase/enhance the resolution properly? If i'm correct, films like Godfather used this camera or something very similar, how did they make the footage high resolution? It would help a ton to know this. I love making movies and i'd love to be able to film at a high resolution.

Aceiscoolpro

Honorable
Nov 2, 2013
Oh... sorry im still confused... Because a lot of films were released in vhs then were 'remastered' in hd... That's what has me believing i can make this camera film at a better res. This camera i have it's footage does actually look like an old tv show so i'm assuming this type of camera was only used in those cases.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Kams_FujiS8400W Digital Cameras 1
J Digital Cameras 1
W Digital Cameras 3
T Digital Cameras 2
P Digital Cameras 0
I Digital Cameras 3
J Digital Cameras 0
C Digital Cameras 0
isha963 Digital Cameras 0
Bdubb11 Digital Cameras 1
S Digital Cameras 0