How to remove "Ads by LaSuperba"???

CooLWoLF

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
My father has a nasty adware popup in all his browsers called LaSuperba. I have tried finding every file or extension associated with it for deletion, but can't seem to get rid of it. Anyone have experience with this one?

CooLWoLF

Distinguished
May 15, 2009

Tried all that :(

I basically need to know where this particular adware hides its files and manually delete them.

Groveling_Wyrm

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2002
Probably in a program that was "Accidently" installed on the computer. Check the add/remove programs list and remove ANYTHING that may look suspicious or unnecessary. However, do try to find out what you are deleting before you delete it.

CooLWoLF

Distinguished
May 15, 2009

Yeah that'ts probably what happened (which I warn him about all the time of course). I've uninstalled alot of stuff and still no dice. Probably going to do an OS wipe. He wants to give Windows 10 a shot anyway.

CooLWoLF

Distinguished
May 15, 2009

Tried both of those; didn't work. I've used those two programs before, so I was surprised that they didn't work to get rid of this thing.

CWEric

Estimable
Jun 13, 2015
Open the registry and search for LaSuperba and delete every entries you find. Make a backup of the registry before doing so.

Backup: Create a full restore point

Registry: Open cmd, type regedit, go to edit - find. Press F3 to find the next matching keyword.