cratftierspace

Estimable
Nov 9, 2014
Ive been attacked by this virus and whenever I launch chrome, Firefox or IE it opens up a webpage called esurf.biz.( does not effect microsoft edge) I cant see it in control panel or in the extentions tab in chrome and it is not set as a default search engine. I used Malwarebytes anti malware software and I removed some stuff and right now I am using norton to scan the virus and remove it. The question is can someone guide me on how to remove this virus. and bring my pc back to normal.

Solution
a lot of trogans now use a 3 party porgam to reinfect a pc when it boots and drops itself back into the registry. look at add/remove programs for 3 party malware or super anti spuware or driver update programs. most times it the last program that was installed is the infection. you have to remove that first before malware and nortons will work. look at msconfig start up tab look for any funny programs starting up whe nthe pc does. use hitman pro and then use a free rescue disk from avg or avast.. boot from it and see if it finds any more infections.

cratftierspace

Estimable
Nov 9, 2014

in task manager >startup there is a thing called "Program" that is unusual also there are no programs installed but I did remove suspisous softwares yesterday. and there gone

cratftierspace

Estimable
Nov 9, 2014

I dont know about this one thing called "program" in the startup tab and I all can do when i right click it, is to search online for what it is or disable it (thats what I did)

update: firefox is safe only chrome and IE are affected

cratftierspace

Estimable
Nov 9, 2014

what link

Update: reinstalled chrome and now it is gone from Chrome just IE left. Also ive been scanning with many softwares and they say that there is nothing left on the computer like this I just ran malwarebytes anti-malware and after a scan I got these results.

http://imgur.com/KYOLE6r

aldan

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2013

https://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-esurf-biz/

cratftierspace

Estimable
Nov 9, 2014

Uh I just ran a scan and I am clean and also ALL of my browsers are back to normal.

aldan

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2013

still might want to run adwcleaner and the other programs in the link to be sure you have gotten rid of it all.

cratftierspace

Estimable
Nov 9, 2014

isnt it overkill with like 5 different softwares. shouldnt 3 be enough.

aldan

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2013

your choice.no such thing as overkill with malware.on a lighter note these programs may find other things you didnt even know you had.personally,i would at least run the following.adwcleaner,junkware removal tool and malwarebytes (yes again) in that order.

Solution

cratftierspace

Estimable
Nov 9, 2014

There I did that in the order and it deleted 2-3 more things. Thank you

aldan

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2013

no problem.