How to replace cracked tablet display for Lenovo S8-50

l46kok

Honorable
Aug 26, 2013
I have a Lenovo S8-50 Tablet with the display cracked from accidentally dropping on the ground. The tablet turns on fine and pressing on the power button displays the screen without any issue except tablet no longer respond to touches. Since this is a cheap tablet, I'm going to take this opportunity to learn how to fix tablet screens, and I don't really care if I end up completely breaking it in the process.

So on to my questions:

1. Do I have to replace the entire screen or can I just replace the digitizer in order to get the touch functionality to work again?

2. Apparently, places like Ebay or Alibaba doesn't have listings for S8-50 replacement screen / digitizer parts, although I'm still looking. Assuming if I can't find any, does any one know if digitizers are compatible with similar tablet models with same size? (Such as this. This one is for A8-50)

I'd appreciate any pointers.

Prabhu Nagaraj

Estimable
Apr 6, 2015
My lenovo s 8-50 LC screen is also cracked. Flipkart referred authorized lenovo service center. Oxford House. Rusthambhag Main Road, Old airport Road,Near Manipal Hospital.Bangalore. I visited service center, they quoted Rs.12,882 to replace touch screen with front module. I kept my tab in idle. Please intimate if your tab repaired in reasonable rate.

Prabhu Nagaraj

Estimable
Apr 6, 2015

Prabhu Nagaraj

Estimable
Apr 6, 2015

Prabhu Nagaraj

Estimable
Apr 6, 2015
my lenovo s 8-50 tab screen also cracked. I booked on 9th April 15 only digitalizer touch screen for $ 40.22 in aliexpress.com including shipping charges from China.Similar problem faced persons also purchased through aliexpress and two persons given feedback also. Go for it for Rs.2400 only. Don't visit authorized lenovo service centers, they don't have knowledge about this tab.One person belongs India also booked one screen yesterday.Expecting your reply.

komal tiwar

Estimable
May 1, 2015

Maniroop Doulaghar

Estimable
May 17, 2015

Maniroop Doulaghar

Estimable
May 17, 2015
HI prabhu nagaraj...my lenovo s8 50 LC screen also cracked.The touch screen of it is also NOT WORKING. I visited the aliexpress site,but i was not able to find the right one. Find provide the link for the right product. please please provide it ASAP

reading4fun

Estimable
May 20, 2015
Hello Prabhu Nagaraj! We are also looking for a reasonably priced solution for our lenovo s8-50 tab. If possible kindly paste the link of the screen you ordered from aliexpress.com.

chandra1980

Estimable
Jul 5, 2015
Dear Sir(s),

I am using Lenovo S8-50lc tablet. Accidentally my tab fell down and its touch has been broken, the display screen for this tablet is available in www.aliexpress.com with 54/-$ approx but please intimate how to make payment as i am using interne banking and debit card only. An early action is requested please.

edited by ffg7

TheBigby

Estimable
Jan 23, 2015
You will have to order a new LCD and Digitzer for this model. The digitzer and lcd are glued together so removing the digitzer alone is extremely difficult and will typically result in cracking the lcd itself. It is easier and much less time consuming to replace both, the cost is not great to do so either.

bharathc

Estimable
Sep 16, 2015

Is digitalizer touch screen working fine? Did aliexpress delivered it as promised?

Michael_P_ATX

Estimable
Sep 28, 2015

Just get the glass and screen combo. Separating the two of them is too much of a pain.

Michael_P_ATX

Estimable
Sep 28, 2015
I ordered my replacement screen from Aliexpress.com, $52.99 delivered. It took about a week to get from China to Austin, TX.

The hardest part of the replacement was removing the old screen. Since it was cracked, it didn't come out in one piece. There were lots of broken bits of glass stuck to the outer edges where the old screen was glued/otherwise stuck on with some sort of adhesive. Once I carefully cleaned the old glass out, I was able to work backwards and put it all back together and have a functional tablet again. All told, I probably spent about 90 minutes, working with a small phillips head screwdriver and a pocket-knife to pry the broken bits off glass off the adhesive.

vineeth_88

Estimable
Oct 17, 2015

Hi michael, is it wiser to buy lcd+digitizer assembly instead of digitizer alone if i am planning to repair the tablet myself?
And how do i separate the lcd+digitizer panel from the frame of the tablet? It seems tightly held together

Michael_P_ATX

Estimable
Sep 28, 2015

I would definitely would recommend the lcd+digitizer assembly.

I had to use a small pocket knife to slowly pry the broken bits of glass away from the frame. Take your time. This part is what took the longest.