How to reset myspace account password if their reset password email never arrives to my hotmail account?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc2000

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2012
I've been hearing that it would be prudent to delete someone's old myspace account due to lack of security at that service.

So I went to myspace dot com and requested their password reset to my email. It said that the email was sent to me and suggested to check my spam folder. I did ... but there was nothing there from myspace.... I waited for 24 hrs now, and still nothing.... I repeated the email reset process for several times already and still got nothing.

My email account is an old hotmail.com address.

Does anyone know if it's hotmail or myspace that's blocking that password reset message?

moreudomoreuget

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
Having the exact same issue. I have an sbcglobal email associated with Myspace, yet the password hasn't been received. I checked and it seems sbcglobal is working fine. I am going to contact them and see if they can manually do it. I am starting to get the impression that the site is going to close down and has almost no customer service anymore.

Feb 24, 2018

No man. I have the same problem right now and there is literally nothing we can do about it. Myspace is going belly up. There is no customer service at all. Really a sad thing to watch... Their phone automated service referred me to a website askmyspace.com... this website referred me to myspace.com. In other words: "no we are not resetting your password to a earthlink.net account, but we are sending it a gmail account. Oh, and there is NOBODY to help you." Really lame man...

Feb 24, 2018

In fact, my username isn't even recognized as a username for the password reset page. Myspace is RIPE with bugs and it certainly looks like it's a lost cause for investors.

May 15, 2018
Hey, I was having the same problem. I found the emails by searching for Myspace in my email search. They still don't appear in my inbox, but they will if you search.

Status
Not open for further replies.