how to set default location to external sd card on samsung tab 4

goldbk_01

Commendable
Jul 16, 2016
I have put a 32GB memory card into my samsung tablet but I can't find out how to change the default location. Some files I can manually move but others won't shift. I tried following instructions I found on a forum about formatting the SD card but I don't want to erase my stuff from either the tablet or the SD card. Sorry I'm not very experienced - this is my first tablet.

Solution
Unless your table is running Android "Marshmallow" then you won't be able to make most things download directly to the SD card. The reason being that older versions don't allow for that.

Most apps will not run from cards, so those are out. However, you can move all other things to the card. Photos, videos, music, etc. They take up a lot of space as well, so that should help.

I would also suggest checking your individual apps to see if any of them allow for auto saving to the card.
Unless your table is running Android "Marshmallow" then you won't be able to make most things download directly to the SD card. The reason being that older versions don't allow for that.

Most apps will not run from cards, so those are out. However, you can move all other things to the card. Photos, videos, music, etc. They take up a lot of space as well, so that should help.

I would also suggest checking your individual apps to see if any of them allow for auto saving to the card.

Solution

Akenahs

Commendable
Aug 10, 2016
I found this on another page after recently purchasing a Tab 4.Hope it helps.

"open internet icon
click on the three dots on the top right hand corner
click on settings
click on content settings
then on right side click on default storage
select memory card.
downloades will go to memory card
click means( press too)."

Akenahs

I found this on another page after recently purchasing a Tab 4.Hope it helps.

"open internet icon
click on the three dots on the top right hand corner
click on settings
click on content settings
then on right side click on default storage
select memory card.
downloades will go to memory card
click means( press too)."
Maria_51

settings/nearby devices/ advance section select download to....

Both of these will work for music, videos, pictures, but not apps. Not unless the device is running the correct version of Android (as I stated before), or the device was rooted.