How to view ost files in outlook?

Status
Not open for further replies.

annakorifal

Estimable
May 29, 2015
I need to view a mailbox (.ost file). I am running Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. The users' domain account has been deleted and the mailbox on the Exchange server has been deleted. I have tried to recover the mailbox through Exchange without success. I have a cached copy of the .ost file in the users' profile on a laptop, running Windows 2000, t the user used to use. When I try to log into the users' domain profile on the laptop I get denied because it can't authenticate with the domain controller. Giving me the error username, password and domain do not match up. I do not have the password of the user nor can I find her profile under Users and Passwords on the laptop. The profile physically exits under Documents and Settings\username.domain. I tried to use the net user command to change the users password and simply login to the users account with no success.

This looks to me like an over-dressed password cracking request and as such, I'm closing this thread. I also removed your other post as Commercial Spam. Please tread carefully in Tom's Guide and Tom's Hardware - we have Rules of Conduct over both those matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.