HP Envy Keyboard not working after fan replacement

Sep 28, 2018
Initially, I was receiving the 90b error regarding the cooling fan. I replaced the fan which had a damaged wire. I’ve never had issues with the keyboard before, but now only a handful of keys work when I turn my computer back on.
I thought that I reattached everything properly when putting my laptop back together, but is there anything that I should try adjusting to fix this issue in the hardware? Or could this be a software issue? Nothing seems to be visibly damaged around the keyboard connections, and I did not use any type of liquid around it when it was open.
How can I get all of my keys to function properly again?

Solution
If it worked in the past and you haven't changed anything regarding software, i'd say it's hardware related. Try opening the case and reattach your keyboard, make sure everything fits as it should. If that didn't fixed it... As silly as it sounds, take out ur fan cable and quickly test if ur keyboard is working.

RobbeyRobert

Honorable
May 10, 2015
If it worked in the past and you haven't changed anything regarding software, i'd say it's hardware related. Try opening the case and reattach your keyboard, make sure everything fits as it should. If that didn't fixed it... As silly as it sounds, take out ur fan cable and quickly test if ur keyboard is working.

Solution
Sep 28, 2018

Disconnecting and reattaching the keyboard cable worked. Thanks for the suggestion!

RobbeyRobert

Honorable
May 10, 2015

No problem, glad you figured it out