HP Pavillion DV3 1075us CPU Usage 100%

Corey Brown

Estimable
Jan 25, 2015
Hey forum!

So I just refurbished my parents old HP Pavillion DV3 1075us laptop (one of those who "if you can fix it you can have it" deals). Well all of the repairs went well, I successfully replaced the broken screen, I reflowed the solder under the graphics chip to keep the black screen of death away, put fresh thermal paste on the CPU and GPU, and loaded a fresh copy of Vista Home Premium onto it. Did the 9 million Windows updates and updated all of the drivers.

My problem is that the CPU usage percentage is rocking at about 70% on idle and stays at 100% when I perform any task (like creating this thread right now). To make matters worse the RAM usage is at 50% while performing simple tasks.

I've run various virus checks (Avast and Malwarebytes) and no viruses were found. And no unnecessary programs that run in the background are downloaded. I've only downloaded the two virus scanners (and uninstalled them after I ran the check), League of Legends, Chrome, and CPUZ.

I don't know how to fix this problem. Please help!

CPU Specs:

AMD Turion X2
4GB DDR2 RAM
ATI HD 3200
320GB HDD

Averst450

Estimable
Dec 14, 2015
After reading this article I think I might have found what you're looking for.
http://technicallyeasy.net/2009/03/fix-audiodgexe-high-cpu-usage/

It's a piece of audio software that cause problems inherent with Windows Vista
Audiodg.exe to be exact, its a widespread issue.
The article has full intsructions on disabling it. Itll take five minutes tops.

Corey Brown

Estimable
Jan 25, 2015

Thank you! I'll try it as soon as possible and let you know if that was it or not!