HTML Editing another HTML

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spawnling123

Commendable
Oct 7, 2016
I want to make a html document that when runned (or button clicked) sets off something to edit another html document.

The point is I want to use a modified school program to change everyone else's program to make it look better, without requiring other stuff.

I want to be able to add code from one .hta document to a different .hta document... Is that actually possible? It's just the documents, there is no online thing or anything like that.

Solution

Since all those "html" documents are text pages, any text editor or script that can be run in a command line can make edits on many pages at once.

Do a web search for "vbscript edit text file" you will find some more details and how to do this. There are other methods also of course but...
Something like this product:

https://html-online.com/editor/

However, you might be better served by creating some sort of "best practices" or "guidelines" document that lists and explains what is considered "look better" with respect to HTML being written in your school.

You simply document standards for such things as margins, buttons, colors, animation, iimages, whatever....

Pretty good chance that any automatic editing is likely to undo something "better" as well as fix something "not better".

Since all those "html" documents are text pages, any text editor or script that can be run in a command line can make edits on many pages at once.

Do a web search for "vbscript edit text file" you will find some more details and how to do this. There are other methods also of course but vbscrips is a good scripting method to use.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.