I cant decide between a computer or tablet.

ruizray

Honorable
Jul 3, 2013
So basically I want to build a gaming computer for around 900 but at the same time I dont want to drop that much money to play games that i can already play on consoles. Even if the games arent as pretty. Now the problem comes in where i want to get a tablet or ultrabook for around the same price that I can do some casual gaming but also for other portable purposes such as drawing, watching HD videos, Casual gaming, Etc. Any Ideas on what i should do?

manofchalk

Honorable
May 11, 2012
Typically, the answer to these kinds of questions is get both.
Split your budget and get both, that simple really. The desktop offers a superior gaming experience and productivity, while your tablet/laptop offers you comfortable media consumption and portability. There isn't a solution that will get you all of them, so get both.

Or if you feel that a PC wont be worth it over a console for the pricetag, get a console and a tablet.
Though do consider that regardless of whether you have a tablet, console or whatever, more than likely you will still need a desktop. Internet browsing on a tablet or console is a pretty horrible experience compared to a desktop, and no virtual keyboard will outmatch a physical one.

When you consider that you will need a desktop regardless, spending $300 (the price of PS4) to make it game well doesn't seem too bad.

Tablets and PCs are such different animals that you first have to decide what you want to do. Games (as in real games), get a PC. Watching videos, reading books and online stuff, tablet. Large screen, PC, portable, tablet.

If you already have a console, and all you want is a PC for games and maybe videos/movies, may as well get a tablet if you are happy with the screen size and having to sit close to see anything. Lots more options of what you can do things with if you get a computer, but it's not portable or cheap.