i have a nice projector/audio/cable box puzzle for you guys

Jscorpio

Prominent
Jul 12, 2017
Now let's say there are these 4 components on the table :
- an Acer H5360 with no audio out, it just has an audio in. HDMI, YPbPr input connector, Composite video input connector,S-Video input connector
- SOny receiver ( with all the inputs and outputs usually on a receiver)
-cable box (verizon)
- and the kicker...a simple Logitech 5.1 system (with 5 small speakers n the sub) with 6 channel jack 3.5 mm inputs for center/sub. rear, front,

and yes i know using a better surround speakers would be better in terms of quality...but lets say for now i really need to make it work with this speaker system.

i managed to get the video out of the projector, but the sounds keeps coming out of the projector. i need a solution with connectionds and cables to make the sound come out of the speakers with or without the receiver ( with receiver preferably) i have tried multiple combinations already, so be specific with your combinations. (any cables necessary)

thank you.

Solution
The speaker to line level converters connect to the speaker terminals of the receiver.
Front speaker terminals for front line level out.
Surround speaker terminals for surround line level out
Center channel speaker terminals for center channel line level out. This one combines with the subwoofer out which is already line level so you only use half the speaker to line level converter.
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_142LOC80/Scosche-LOC80.html
1. Cable box to receiver (HDMI)
2. Receiver HDMI out to the projector
3. Front speaker outs to speaker to line level converter. Converter to front input on the Logitech. (2 RCA at converter end, 1 3,5mm stereo mini plug at speaker end)
4. Same as above for surround channels
5. Center channel same as above but only using 1/2 of the converter.
6. Subwoofer output is RCA so you connect both the center channel and sub out using the same type of cable as above. You might get the center and sub reversed so be careful with the volume when you set the receiver up.

Jscorpio

Prominent
Jul 12, 2017

yes i do understand those combinations. but for steps #3,4,5, where do i plug that into behind the receiver ? ( i did procure the 2 RCA male to male 3.6 mm jack)

The speaker to line level converters connect to the speaker terminals of the receiver.
Front speaker terminals for front line level out.
Surround speaker terminals for surround line level out
Center channel speaker terminals for center channel line level out. This one combines with the subwoofer out which is already line level so you only use half the speaker to line level converter.
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_142LOC80/Scosche-LOC80.html

Solution