I have a RCA Pro 10 tablet that wont turn on. It was working yesterday but I turned it off for a while and when I went back t

Status
Not open for further replies.

vkrose

Estimable
Dec 10, 2014
My RCA pro 10 tablet wont turn on. I had it working yesterday but now it wont come back on. It is charged up and everything. I just got it two weeks ago. I don't know how to take the back off or anything.

AlishaStarr

Estimable
Jan 12, 2015
I recently purchased a RCA Pro 10 and have also had the same problem. I had it maybe two weeks also. Have you found a solution to the problem yet? I have no warrenty and i suppose the best bet is to call the customer service for the device and see what they can help with it.

Ozzyo

Estimable
Jan 14, 2015
ME TOO!!! I am highly p.o.ed!!! I do have a 2 year warranty...........looks like it is getting put to use tomorrow! Wish this site had some answers...........Good luck to you guys, hope some one gives you some sort of answer. :D

rmae

Estimable
Jan 21, 2015

I had the same problem with my son's. had to call rca tablet support. 18554759646. they tried a few things didn't work so they r replacing the tablet sending it out should be here in 7 to 10 days with a prepaid return shipping for the broken tablet. was quick and painless hope this helps.

Katam

Estimable
Feb 14, 2015
i just got one for christmas but it won't turn on anymore and I have never dropped it I was trying to fix the vole because it wouldn't turn up and when I did I turned it off to see if it would work and then it wouldn't turn back on help what do I do to fix it

dmatney

Estimable
Feb 15, 2015
No solution but my daughter has had two rca pro 10 tablets she got one for christmas and it shut down wont turn on so we replaced it then it shut off in two weeks also we should find a way to get them recalled and we should get reimbursed for our wasted time with their cheap product

shadowfax419

Estimable
Feb 23, 2015
Had the same problem with my Pro 10. This obviously is a common problem, as when I tried to return it to Walmart, I was told they have had many, many returns for this problem. Unfortunately, I was two days past the return deadline with Walmart. Contacted RCA support and was told they would send a RMA with a new tablet. After 7 weeks I sent a nasty email and finally received a replacement. The new tablet is working fine, 3 weeks later...(fingers crossed!)

ahb43

Estimable
Apr 20, 2015
I took mine out of keyboard case and plugged it in using cell phone universal charger and it charged and I was able to use again. Hope this helps.

babygurl4112

Estimable
Apr 22, 2015
what is the customer service phone number please ;id like to call n talk to a real person ;r imtaking mine bvack n leting them know what a piece of trash this is ;ive only had mine bout 2mths n its not worked in over a month ;n its been charged n all ;n i do hav the recipie;

kepmiesterr

Estimable
Apr 23, 2015
I had 2 RCA pro 10 inch tablets, same thing happened. What you need to do is hold the power button down for a loooooooooooooooong time until the dang thing will turn on. After you do that you shouldn't have further problems. The first one that did it I had to press the power button down without releasing for about 5 minutes...

PC Remedies

Estimable
Apr 29, 2015

Thank you so much! Mine just went out tonight and I was looking up the number to call RCA and found your solution of just holding the power button in for a long time. I had to hold mine in 3 minutes and then it came on. Thank you -- problem solved!

kepmiesterr

Estimable
Apr 23, 2015

My pleasure, I tried the RCA route first and they were clueless or didn't want to admit this is a widespread problem. I'm glad it helped, it should help anyone with the same problem. I think the cause may be from shipping them at full charge, but not sure.

camalik

Estimable
May 29, 2015
I had the same problem with mine this afternoon and I just pressed the reset button on the back and it came right back on...now I'm wondering if I shouldn't cut it off when I'm not using it???

TJBELL

Estimable
Dec 16, 2015
I had this same problem with my 10" RCA tablet. After 10 months of fighting with it, today I noticed the micro usb hole in the tablet was the same as the hole I charge my cell phone. I plugged my cell phone charger cord into the micro usb hole in the tablet and it actually started to charge. Let it charge without trying to turn it on for about an hour then it should be charged enough to turn on. Now I charge my tablet with my cell phone cord and it works fine.

originalohhenr

Estimable
Dec 17, 2015
The onboard manual makes note of the ability to charge the unit using the micro USB port. As it turns out, this can be a very usefull feature if you forget your charger and have an auxillary battery pack available. The fact that you were able to charge your tablet via the micro USB port suggests that maybe the problem was with the charging adapter or a problem with the circuitry related to the charging port.

geek in training

Estimable
Feb 26, 2015
tried resetting is a little hole in the back use a palerclip to stixk in until you feel rhe button and it should reset it and come back on

Marcairious

Commendable
Nov 27, 2016
I agree, I have purchased several RCA tablets and so far only one of them is still working. The only solution that I can come to is to NOT buy any more tablets from RCA. If they want to keep there costumers then they need to be more user frenzy and at least a tempt to make more functional products and give much better customer service.

Status
Not open for further replies.