I have a Samsung Smart TV (5500 Series) and a 3D bluray player/surround sound system. How can I get the surround sound to come

Purplebunny

Prominent
Mar 16, 2017
I am trying to connect my Shaw cable box to my TV so that the sound (from TV channels) goes thru my bluray surround sound speakers. How do I do that? My Tv (5500) does have an ARC HDMI(2) port and I have the bluray plugged into that. I have my cable box HDMI plugged into HDMI1.

It comes down to what blu-ray/surrouind reciever you have.

Most of them do not have ARC protocal so you wont get sound via HDMI.
You likely will need to use a toslink optical cable to go from TV to surround system to get surround sound for your cable box.

As many people find out those all-in one cheap surround systems do not provide the connectivity they want and either deal with it or buy a proper receiver.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Audio 2
J Audio 4
R Audio 2
P Audio 1
W Audio 5
G Audio 1
M Audio 9
T Audio 1
R Audio 2
R Audio 1
M Audio 2
S Audio 7
C Audio 1
B Audio 4
D Audio 2
I Audio 1
B Audio 1
G Audio 9
D Audio 1
T Audio 1
Similar threads
Question Connecting headphones via wire to Samsung Smart Curved TV
Question Help - Connecting Bose Lifestyle 28 (series 1) to Samsung Smart TV 65F9000
No digital audio out on Samsung smart TV UN65KS8500FXZA
Solved! i have a samsung smart tv and a soundbar. i would like to hook up a blue ray dvd and a wireless head set do i need a 3way opti
Solved! How do I get sound to come through from my Samsung NU7100 smart TV to my 2.4 GHz headphones?
Take $500 Off This 55-inch Samsung QLED
Solved! How can I connect a Marantz Home Cinema receiver with a Samsung Smart TV
headphone jack on samsung 65" smart tv
Solved! Help with audio on Samsung Smart TV
Solved! I hooked Phillips stereo to samsung smart TV for surround sound, but get no sound only humming how to fix?
How to hook up samsung smart tv model UA40J5200AKXXS to LG SOUNDBAR SK5Y
I have a older model Emerson VCR with just yellow and white connection on my Samsung smart TV there is a picture but no sound
Solved! I have a old Bose lifestyle 5 I would like to hook up to my new Samsung smart TV
Samsung 65-inch Q9FN QLED TV Review: Who Needs OLED?
How to connect my Bose Lifestyle 28 series 1 to Samsung Smart tv Series 6
How to samsung 40 inch smart tv series 5 5200 connects with kenwood kr-6080 reciever
How o I connect a Bluetooth speaker to my Samsung smart v series 6200
How to connect a Samsung series 6 smart tv to a Bose Lifestyle 525 system
How to connect Microlab SOLO9C to SAMSUNG 6 series Smart TV
Hi. We just bought a Samsung Smart TV series 5. I plugged our cable tv box to the new tv using hdmi but no sound. I tried an o

ASK THE COMMUNITY