I have an old Panasonic tv and bought a A/V converter but it doesn’t play sound and it’s black and white

Jul 16, 2018
So we connected that converter to our Xbox one and it doesn’t play sound and it’s in black and white, I read some where maybe we should change the setting to composite but it only gives me component and rbg as an option, rbg just turns it green and no sound, what should I do?

Solution
They mean to change the input on the TV to composite. If the TV has a shared component-composite input you usually have to do that. Check the TV manual which RCA jack to use and how to change the input type. The audio input will be separate red and white RCA jacks on the TV.
If your TV does have a component input getting an HDMI to component video + audio converter would produce a better picture than using composite video.
They mean to change the input on the TV to composite. If the TV has a shared component-composite input you usually have to do that. Check the TV manual which RCA jack to use and how to change the input type. The audio input will be separate red and white RCA jacks on the TV.
If your TV does have a component input getting an HDMI to component video + audio converter would produce a better picture than using composite video.

Solution