I just bought a Samsung SOUNDBAR with a HDMI ARC INPUT AND A HDMI PLUS OPTICAL INPORT And I HAVE 3 HDMI imports on my TV , I h

LaneyRBiff

Commendable
Jul 15, 2016
How do I get sound from my tv to my new sound bar which has a HDMI ARC INPORT AND A HDMI REGULAR INPUT? I can only get sound via my cable box using the optical port to the optical port of the soundbar leaving no sound if I want to use the apps installed in my TV or sound from a streaming device as in Fire or Apple TV and no my tv has no optical port just 3 HDMI PORTS AND AV

1. If the TV has ARC then connect the soundbar to that input and turn ARC on in the TV. Use the HDMI input on the soundbar if you need the additional input for another source.
2. Use an HDMI switch with optical audio output like this one
http://www.monoprice.com/Product?p_id=5557&kpid=105557&gclid=CPPY2sLnwcYCFYIXHwodhY0FTw
It won't get you audio from the TV apps though. No way to do that if the TV doesn't have ARC or other audio outputs.

1. If the TV has ARC then connect the soundbar to that input and turn ARC on in the TV. Use the HDMI input on the soundbar if you need the additional input for another source.
2. Use an HDMI switch with optical audio output like this one
http://www.monoprice.com/Product?p_id=5557&kpid=105557&gclid=CPPY2sLnwcYCFYIXHwodhY0FTw
It won't get you audio from the TV apps though. No way to do that if the TV doesn't have ARC or other audio outputs.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
filthyspoons Audio 1
aiden_crawford Audio 1
PierreGird Audio 1
K Audio 2
R Audio 3
D Audio 1
N Audio 3
B Audio 1
J Audio 2
G Audio 1
J Audio 1
K Audio 2
K Audio 2
M Audio 1
W Audio 2
W Audio 2
L Audio 10
D Audio 1
T Audio 1
S Audio 3
Similar threads
Question i just bought a set of arctis 3 headphones no audio
Question I bought a Splitter for my RIG Pro 500Hx. Microphone isn't working
Question Bought 2 Blue Yeti, 2 Macs and still have whine / static noise
Solved! when i bought a new tv it has no headphone adapotor soi can not plug in my tv ears. I can only now plug it into the cable box
Solved! I have an old Aiwa 3 cd changer bought in 1997, can I convert this into a DVD player of usb usable?
Solved! Bought Logitech G PRO headset and have same problem
Solved! I bought a Kotion Each G9000 and the mic doesn't work at all. (Windows 10)
I have a kogan TV and have bought wireless headphones, it should be a easy connection but plugging in the side, no noise comes
Bought a Soundbar, now I need a Soundcard?
So I just bought my skytech gaming pc and I plug in my headset that I use for gaming it has its own like so why can I only hea
Bought a jvc sound system yesterday jvc 5.2av amp with dvd but amp doesnt seem to work
I bought a house with multiple speaker systems (outside, game room), and the wires are all raw and feed down where the TV orig
I bought samsung m5570 led smart tv and best buy 2.1 samsung speaker...When I connect both with optical cable via connector bu
Bought samsung wireless soundbar trying to connect to toshiba tv built in 2009 was told to buy 2.5mm adapter as 3.5 pin to big
I have a Samsung UN43KU6300 43-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2016 Model) and recently bought Comiso blue tooth speakers. The
I recently bought 65" Samsung TV w a bluetooth TV sound bar and sub woofer. I would like to incorporate that into my Onkyo rec
Is there a optical audio splitter that is compatible with Samsung tvs. The 2 that I bought from Amazon do not work.
We cannot get our new Samsung tv to have sounds hate with our sound bar! We have just bought 48inch 6200. Followed instruction
Hi. We just bought a Samsung Smart TV series 5. I plugged our cable tv box to the new tv using hdmi but no sound. I tried an o
can any one help me? I bought a Samsung TV. I want to use my BOSE POTABLE SOUND SYSTEM with this TV. The TV has one DIGITAL OP

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS