I no longer have a SD card in my phone, but I have my " default storage " set up to go to the SD card! How do I switch the def

Jul 4, 2018
Need help with changing default storage location, want to go back to internal storage, not SD card. I no longer have a SD card in my phone. Thanks for your time and help

Solution
You are probably going to need to reinsert the card, and it would have to be still formatted as the phone's internal storage, to get it to change back over. If you don't have it, or it has been reformatted, then it won't work.

You can try inserting a new card and see if it will allow you to follow the steps to set up the card as "Internal" storage, and then, once set up, change it back to regular "External" storage for the card.

However, the phone should automatically start saving things to the phone's storage when you remove the card. Change or not. If for some reason it isn't, then I would ask what are you trying to do and what is happening exactly?
You are probably going to need to reinsert the card, and it would have to be still formatted as the phone's internal storage, to get it to change back over. If you don't have it, or it has been reformatted, then it won't work.

You can try inserting a new card and see if it will allow you to follow the steps to set up the card as "Internal" storage, and then, once set up, change it back to regular "External" storage for the card.

However, the phone should automatically start saving things to the phone's storage when you remove the card. Change or not. If for some reason it isn't, then I would ask what are you trying to do and what is happening exactly?

Solution