i stream movies from my laptop to my smart tv using HDMI, all of a sudden it dont work anymore.

dammyank

Commendable
Aug 27, 2016
i stream movies from my laptop to my smart tv using HDMI, all of a sudden it dont work anymore. when i hook it up all i get is my back ground from my PC & sound from the movie no video. it does work on other tv's in the house just not this one. i know it is a TV problem but i just cant figure it out! can someone please help? the TV is a vizio 65" smart TV. I also tried other hdmi ports on the TV no change!

Solution
I just got rid of a 55" Vizio for mostly the same reason. It would randomly lose video. Sound was still there.
Sometimes the vid came back, sometimes I had to turn the TV off and on again.

Happy0852

Commendable
Aug 27, 2016
Make sure the hdmi cable isn't unplugged or lose. Make sure that it's not bent or it will break the wire inside. Make sure your pc is saying it plugged in if not then it's damaged or broken.

dammyank

Commendable
Aug 27, 2016

dammyank

Commendable
Aug 27, 2016
it works on other TV's in the house! I tried other HDMI cables on this TV. I also tried the HDMI cable from this TV on other TV the cable worked fine! I also tried other laptops on this TV and it had the same issue.

Happy0852

Commendable
Aug 27, 2016
Hmm it's seem you broke the tv hdmi wire inside by force or worn out I have no idea how but you could always get it repair but if not what you were looking to. Then I guess I have no ideas left

dammyank

Commendable
Aug 27, 2016

no that's not it.... the hdmi works for dish, & dvd plaver! nothing is broken inside because I tried all HDMI ports including the one dish is hooked into.. maybe someone else knows something that will help. it may be a setting or something.