I want to connect two digital audio out to one digital audio in

shajilkrishnan68

Prominent
Nov 2, 2017
I have one set top box and one philips blue ray player both of them having digital audio out. I want to connect both to the Philips 5.1 speaker which has only analogue audio in. How to connect

t53186

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
If you don't have a digital in then you will not be able to connect. It may be possible to get some sort of adapter, but not advised since it will cause a audio lag. Typically you would have either a sound card in a PC or a audio amp with an optical input. Connecting two outputs the same input will not work.

t53186

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
If you don't have a digital in then you will not be able to connect. It may be possible to get some sort of adapter, but not advised since it will cause a audio lag. Typically you would have either a sound card in a PC or a audio amp with an optical input. Connecting two outputs the same input will not work.

tsnor

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
I connect two HDMI devices to my monitor, then drop toslink from the monitor audio out to my receiver then to speakers.

When I switch video sources on the monitor the sound automatically switches.

Check if your TV has a toslink or hdmi audio out (or whatever you need to drive the speakers -- in one place you say "two digital audio out to one digital audio in" in another you say it's analog "connect both to the Philips 5.1 speaker which has only analogue audio in. " Likely your TC has two HDMI in and a digital sound out.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Audio 2
Q Audio 6
B Audio 3
T Audio 2
M Audio 1
A Audio 1
R Audio 2
C Audio 4
T Audio 7
B Audio 2
S Audio 4