object14

Estimable
Apr 2, 2014
Hello,

I want to reinstall Windows on my ASUS N56VZ without the pre-installed applications of ASUS.

Can I format the drive "C:\" in my laptop and install a new Windows without affecting the Recovery Partition? Which I can restore my laptop to its original factory settings in the future.

Solution
Dear Philip, thank you very much for your response.

I'm not thinking of install a new edition of Windows. I will reinstall the same edition which is Windows 7 Home Premium using product key located on the bottom sticker of the laptop. I will use an updated version of Windows which includes all latest updates instead of downloading them after installing Windows using recovery partition.

Why I want to do this? Because the preinstalled Windows copy is obsolete and I need to download 138 updates at least, and some ASUS preinstalled stuff is useless and I don't need them.

I want to make sure that if I format drive "C:\" I will not lose the recovery partition, maybe I need it for any reason in the future .
"Can I format the drive "C:\" in my laptop and install a new Windows without affecting the Recovery Partition?"

Yes you can, but to install it without all the ASUS stuff you would have to buy a "vanilla" copy of Windows, and since you've already paid for Windows in the cost of the laptop, buying it again for the same laptop doesn't make sense to me, what a waste of money.

Why don't you set up your existing Windows the way want it, uninstall anything you don't use, then create your own system backup image?

object14

Estimable
Apr 2, 2014
Dear Philip, thank you very much for your response.

I'm not thinking of install a new edition of Windows. I will reinstall the same edition which is Windows 7 Home Premium using product key located on the bottom sticker of the laptop. I will use an updated version of Windows which includes all latest updates instead of downloading them after installing Windows using recovery partition.

Why I want to do this? Because the preinstalled Windows copy is obsolete and I need to download 138 updates at least, and some ASUS preinstalled stuff is useless and I don't need them.

I want to make sure that if I format drive "C:\" I will not lose the recovery partition, maybe I need it for any reason in the future .

Solution

object14

Estimable
Apr 2, 2014
I made a backup of recovery partition on a Blu-Ray disk, I hope that I don't have a problem when I want to restore the original system in the future.

best regards :)