i want to use my DVR from my CCTV at my house and view it from my laptop VIA HDMI. laptop wont switch to view the DVR through

Dustin_34

Prominent
Feb 20, 2017
want my CCTV to stream over a laptop with an HDMI cable. laptop doesn't see anything for a second display and/ or I don't know how to make it stream or find the hdmi cable to see whats on the other end of it

kanewolf

Splendid
The HDMI port on your laptop and on your DVR are both OUTPUT ONLY port. Your laptop is not a monitor, you can't use it like one. You may be able to view it via you home network depending on the DVR. What make and model is it?

kanewolf

Splendid
The HDMI port on your laptop and on your DVR are both OUTPUT ONLY port. Your laptop is not a monitor, you can't use it like one. You may be able to view it via you home network depending on the DVR. What make and model is it?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Laptop Tech Support 5
Cowseed Laptop Tech Support 2
N Laptop Tech Support 2
P Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 4
T Laptop Tech Support 4
C Laptop Tech Support 1
jkmolddesign Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 3
B Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 1
V Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 2
V Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 2
hella-d Laptop Tech Support 5
R Laptop Tech Support 7
Similar threads
Question SUPER IMPORTANT: Windows 7 laptop keeps crashing
Question Laptop Battery not calibrating
Question Can you change case on Alienware Laptop?
Everything else in the house works but my Laptop won't connect to the internet, I don't know what to do....
cannot connect to new router from my laptop whereas other devices in house can
Boots Up, but not at my House
My internet works on everything in my house except my pc. It says my internet connection is connected and secured, help?
After working for months, my laptop now connects to my router but has no internet access. At least 6 other devices in our hous
What to buy for stable WIFI in a large house?
everything works fine on my laptop except for Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer and Gamehouse House Funpass, says I don't have
Left my laptop logged in at My house and my roommate had some sketchy people over and they changed my password on my alienware
lightning struck house. Laptop will not start
I can connect to wifi with my laptop everywhere but my home and all other devices can connect at my house but my laptop help?
Aspire 5733 not booting with housing on
WiFi not connected in my house
hey there, i am looking for a part number or part name. toshiba satellite 75p-a7200
We moved house, now my Toshiba laptop won't connect to our wifi yet it easily connects on other peoples and previously visited
How to use your laptop and someones house
Currently I Have BA But I Need Something To Haul To My G/Fs House....
ASUS Gaming Power House?

ASK THE COMMUNITY