Solved! Increasing Native Resolution over maximum recommended resolution; Can i do it?

Feb 2, 2019
Hi, is it possible to increase the resolution of your laptop screen over its maximum resolution provided?
So my screen only caps at 1366x768. When connecting it to a monitor that’s capable of resolutions over 1366x768, the screen resolution of my laptop jumps to the highest resolution capable by the monitor that’s connected to it. It’s 1980x1080. But when I unplug it, it goes back to 1366x768. Can i somehow keep it at 1980x1080 without connecting to a second display?

Solution
Outside of supersampling, which is something different, you can't simply get more pixels than your monitor is capable of displaying. It doesn't work like this, it would be akin to becoming 7'1" because you wore Shaquille O'Neal's pants.

DSzymborski

Distinguished
Outside of supersampling, which is something different, you can't simply get more pixels than your monitor is capable of displaying. It doesn't work like this, it would be akin to becoming 7'1" because you wore Shaquille O'Neal's pants.

Solution