Mar 7, 2021
My mic is making a buzzing noise, I know it is not the mic because its really clear on other computers. I took apart the PC, made sure the audio cables were all connected, restarted, and uninstalled and reinstalled Realtek Audio Drivers. Please help this is the most frustrating thing in the world. I attached a file as to what it sounds like. The sound is not coming from my PC and I know for a fact it isnt the mic.
How it sounds: https://streamable.com/2bhjn5
If I use RealTek Noise Suppression and Discord Noice Suppression and talk really loud at the same time, it sounds slightly bearable. I'm sure how you can understand how this is completely unusable. I even used a USB mic and it still is making that horrendous noise, no clue as to what it could be now. Also, the buzzing is there when I mute the mic using the little thing attached to the headset, and using OBS, I can see that the buzzing is still there when the mic is unplugged. I was thinking it had something to do with electricity but I know nothing about that, please help!! On reddit, I did what u/patriotbarrow told me to do and moved it to my brothers setup downstairs. The sound was gone, but when I move it back up the sound is back. I dont know much about anything regarding ground loops, which i think might be the cause of the problem. All the outlets in my room still cause the mic to create that staticy buzzing. will a ground loop isolator solve the problem? what even is the problem??

Solution
Fist thing, we need to know the details of the equipment you are using and how things are wired, are any adapters being used? Did you try both front and rear jacks? If you get the noise from a USB mic it would not be a ground issue unless you left everything else plugged in.
Fist thing, we need to know the details of the equipment you are using and how things are wired, are any adapters being used? Did you try both front and rear jacks? If you get the noise from a USB mic it would not be a ground issue unless you left everything else plugged in.

Solution
Mar 7, 2021

Im using the front jack, rear jack causes the same problem. The monitor and the PC are plugged into the same wall plug. Heres everything I know:

1. The input produces a buzz, no output issues. I hear fine, other dont when they hear my voice.
  2. The noise is produced even when the mic is manually muted. I know it is a ground issue.
  3. When the PC is moved downstairs, the buzz goes away, this has been tested twice.
  4. Downstairs, when we plug in both the monitor and the PC into the same plug, a loop is created.
  5. Upstairs, no matter the combination of outlets and arragement, the buzz is still there.
  6. Tried in another room upstairs, still does not work.
  7. Ground isolator works on phone, not on PC.