Interruption management software

RobertvH

Prominent
Aug 10, 2017
I am looking for software that will help reduce the number of interruptions at the workplace. I need to concentrate on complex problems and interruptions, whether Skype, chats or colleagues are ver costly to me.

does anyone have any ideas?

Solution
Not a software issue.

Most such applications have some sort of "do not disturb" or "silencing" function. I.e., "Out of the office" response when you not available while busy or otherwise wish not to be interrupted.

If you have control of the applications just stop them from automatically launching at boot time.

Move them to desktop icons (shortcuts) that you can open or close at will.

Turn off the speakers, webcams, and mic's.

If necessary get assistance from your IT folks to reconfigure your computer.

Actually a people issue.

Let your boss and colleagues know about the "costly" effect of interruptions and how you feel about the matter.

Otherwise your colleagues may just become more interruptive by walking to your office or...
Not a software issue.

Most such applications have some sort of "do not disturb" or "silencing" function. I.e., "Out of the office" response when you not available while busy or otherwise wish not to be interrupted.

If you have control of the applications just stop them from automatically launching at boot time.

Move them to desktop icons (shortcuts) that you can open or close at will.

Turn off the speakers, webcams, and mic's.

If necessary get assistance from your IT folks to reconfigure your computer.

Actually a people issue.

Let your boss and colleagues know about the "costly" effect of interruptions and how you feel about the matter.

Otherwise your colleagues may just become more interruptive by walking to your office or cubicle.....

And be sure that you respect their requests and do not interrupt them. Cannot have a one-way policy. Even if you are the boss.

Solution