iOS' Safari Remains Leading Mobile Browser

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
Yet another result that shows more people on iOS use the internet than users on Android despite Android having a larger installed base.

How many more studies from various companies have to be done before the haters realize what's going on here?

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
[citation][nom]hasten[/nom]Whats going on is that iOS users are simple computing users and their phone is the primary connection to the internet. On the other hand Android users generally have a personal computer on which they perform work (something impossible for 75% of careers on any i product). Not sure what your post is referring to.[/citation]
This doesn't seem possible. The iphone's screen is too small to be selected as the primary connection to the internet. Therefore, flawed logic dictates these people also have an Android tablet or PC.

nodeffect

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2010
Can you please change tomshardware.com to appleshardware.com or zakshardware.com? Cuz I think Toms's dead. There are more apple news than any other news combine on this site. Seriously, how is this breaking news?

chibiwings

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2008
no more good Tech articles.. this site is getting boring day by day. unlike before theres too much tech news everyday..something to look forward everyday.. .any suggestion for a good tech site..anyone..

runswindows95

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2005
[citation][nom]halcyon[/nom]This doesn't seem possible. The iphone's screen is too small to be selected as the primary connection to the internet. Therefore, flawed logic dictates these people also have an Android tablet or PC.[/citation]

They include tablets, so that also includes the Ipad. It's not uncommon to find houses that only has Ipads/tablets in the house, and not a single PC.

G

Seriously? Serving stats from ONE firm that doesn't even include ALL the android devices? It is no secret that the majority of Android devices in the world do not have ICS on them yet, and many never will.
It seems to me like this Zak guy is just a douchy Apple fanboy actively searching for any sort of biased information to prove the "superiority" of his cult.
Pathetic.

Jigo

Honorable
Oct 8, 2012
what about sueing apple for installing safari as default browser and not letting chose the user which one to use ?

/stupid court laws

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
[citation][nom]Jigo[/nom]what about sueing apple for installing safari as default browser and not letting chose the user which one to use ?/stupid court laws[/citation]
While your sentence wasn't all that clear I think I was able to decipher what you meant:

"What about suing Apple for installing Safari as the default browser and not letting the user choose which one to use?"

applerocks

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
[citation][nom]ericburnby[/nom]Yet another result that shows more people on iOS use the internet than users on Android despite Android having a larger installed base.How many more studies from various companies have to be done before the haters realize what's going on here?[/citation]

Oh they are going to need a lot more studies before you get past the blind hatred on this website.

becherovka

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
I would think more people use dolphin or Firefox than chrome on android.
I think these statistics are BS the origin of them was saying that android is 74% market share and yet they only looked at US for shopping on mobile US is not 74% android. There are too many holes.

G

Safari is good enough, why would iOS users bother with another browser? How advanced of a browser do you need to simply do a Facebook check-in from some restaurant (seems like at least half my iOS friends FBook updates are simply stuff like that)

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
[citation][nom]hasten[/nom]Whats going on is that iOS users are simple computing users and their phone is the primary connection to the internet. On the other hand Android users generally have a personal computer on which they perform work (something impossible for 75% of careers on any i product). Not sure what your post is referring to.[/citation]
Bull. Every single person I know with an iPhone or iPad also owns a computer, most of them Windows PC's.

NDC released their data for Black Friday today. Android tablets saw a 177% increase from last year, but average price went from $219 to $151. Imagine that, the average price for an Android tablet is $151.

All this data points to the same conclusion. For every higher end Android tablet or phone sold there are a bunch of low-end devices that people don't even use. Today there are numerous Android phones available in the US with tiny 320x240 screens running Android 2.3. You think those users browse the Internet?

I don't know why Android users seem to think everyone owns a GS3 or similar device. The minority of Android devices sold are low end phones that people use as feature phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.