iPhone 5 Traffic Volume Already Beats Samsung's Galaxy S3

Status
Not open for further replies.

sundragon

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
Waiting for the anti-apple comments... Really guys - don't like a company - don't invest your $$. Economics really drives the point if you want to "teach" apple

fudoka711

Honorable
Apr 2, 2012
[citation][nom]sundragon[/nom]Waiting for the anti-apple comments... Really guys - don't like a company - don't invest your $$. Economics really drives the point if you want to "teach" apple[/citation]

I can still make anti-apple comments then since I haven't invested any of my money in an apple product and have disliked the company as a whole since I was in 5th grade. =P

ivanto

Honorable
Oct 11, 2012
It's last week's news. But, I know many people who were waiting for iPhone 5. Apple will have a spectacular quarter results, but I am noticing a slight decline in design perfection. iPhone 5's mixed glass-alumunimun surface is not up to the same standard.

Samsung and other Android phones makers have a good potential to exceed Apple's volume in the long
-IvanTO

G

90% of the web traffice is to maps.google.com Since they can't navigate properly with the built in Apple Maps!

john15v16

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
56 percent came from the iPhone 5, while Samsung's top-selling device was responsible for 44 percent of the total impressions
Really?...What kind of data mining statistic is this where only two phones can make up 100% of the traffic data?!? I question the validity of such a study.

G

what a bogus study.

i call for proof before i listen to this BS. then again the world is filled with the uneducated average joe who goes for the product with the most ads...

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]john15v16[/nom]Really?...What kind of data mining statistic is this where only two phones can make up 100% of the traffic data?!? I question the validity of such a study.[/citation]
that's what I was thinking. Comparing a device that accounts for 100% of it's OS market share with a device that has to share it's success with a bunch of other devices on it's OS market (Android).
Taking this into account, I would say SGS3 does much better than any phone out there, iPhone included, since it has barely under 50% of usage in an Android environment where it competes with other Android phones.
Honestly, I would have expected a larger lead on iPhone's part, just because it has no competition on iOS front.
It's OK, Zak. You tried.

CaedenV

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
iPhone users are not intelligent enough to switch over to wifi when available, so they bog down the cell network. Seriously, there is a bug in the OS which sometimes pulls from the cell network even when wifi is available, so it is entirely understandable that they would be using more bandwidth.

zzz_b

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2008
First, I am not sure what is the point of this statistics.
Second, maybe people who can afford these very expensive phones do not work and have more time to surf the internet?

epdm2be

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2011
"which will undoubtedly be spearheaded by sales of the recently announced Galaxy S3 Mini"
Except the Galaxy S III mini only visually resembles a SGSIII. Internally it's more of a Galaxy S Advance (Galaxy 1 as if it were). Even the Galaxy S II is vastly superior to the mini.

Again this shows that Samsung are a bunch of airheads with no vision only determined to sell pwoducts (in the case o/t mini an inferior on at that). IF people inform themselves adequately they will avoid the mini like a plague, if not it will indeed sell by the bucketload upto and until the herd realizes that even an old SGSII is vastly superior. Then they will feel ripped off and flock with the bucketload to iPhone without even looking at alternative Android models.

Samsung is making a very bad mistake with this current SGSIII mini. A very, very bad mistake. And this time it's no Ex-microsoft employee doing the honors!

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
iPhone users are not intelligent enough to switch over to wifi when available

The level of ignorance of iPhone and iCrappies is arresting. Yesterday this person tried to send a Apple image file through email. I told the person to make it into a pdf file so that it would be available to all users. He goes: "What you think I am a genius?"

This stuff happens over and over again. Why are these people so so so dumb?! I can expect this kind of response from someone who has never used a computer.

Probably just using browser ID and stuff to track this and Android users have a choice of browsers unlike iPhone users, so there can be million of Andoird users using Chrome, etc, that won't register with their stupid stats. Besides, surfing the web for long periods on any phone sucks, the screen is too damn small and you scroll for ever.

dthx

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2010
Completely useless and questionable statistics ... it's just that this is the only subject that had not been explored before that could be used as an excuse to provide us the Apple article of the day !!!

stingray71

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2010
Few years ago no one would of thought a single Android phone would be able to stand toe to toe with an iPhone.

Study sounds fishy to me, but it still brings to light that Android has caught up and is surpassing Apple Mobile OS.

Looking forward to swapping out my wife's iPhone 4 to a Moto Razr HD Max!

Status
Not open for further replies.