Is Avira a crap loaded software?

xXCrossfireXx

Estimable
Jan 16, 2016
When I first got hotspot shield, I thought that it was good, but here's one thing I hated about it - HotSpot Shield pretty much took over my computer, turning itself on and putting up ads, not to mention how much of a pain in the ass it was to uninstall.

Now, I don't know if I'm getting the wrong idea, but today I downloaded Avira, and it seems like it's also an ad neusance like HotSpot Shield. So far I haven't had any problems with it creating pop ups on my computer, but my question is, will Avira create pop ups on my computer, create pop ups on the apps on my computer (like firefox), and if I decide to uninstall it, will it be a pain in the freaking ass to get rid of? By the way, I'm OK with the fact that it creates in app pop ups, I just want to make sure they stay in app.

Thanks

Solution
most of the new free anti virus from avast and avg and bit defender dont put ads in your browser or on your pc. most like avg and bit defender will have a small pop up window thta pops up once and a while to ask if you want to go pro or add any new features.
most of the new free anti virus from avast and avg and bit defender dont put ads in your browser or on your pc. most like avg and bit defender will have a small pop up window thta pops up once and a while to ask if you want to go pro or add any new features.

Solution

xXCrossfireXx

Estimable
Jan 16, 2016

Will Avira's pop up window be in app?

xXCrossfireXx

Estimable
Jan 16, 2016

Oh so just those annoying little green messages that pop up?

Like when Adobe asks you to update it, and that little green box slides in for a few seconds?

you got it...most of them now when you install them do a custom install and read what going in. a lot of them will want to put there own browser tool bar in now. or they want you to join there feedback on how there program is running like amd and nvidia experiance.