Is it me of does Firefox no longer bother?

cenaris

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
Since today (and most likely also a few days back) Firefox simply stops responding at random times or sometimes all the time when I browse some websites, to the point that all I do is open a new tab and the who program decides to freeze, prompting me to click in frustration causing it to grey out. And it's becoming a major inconvenience.

I'm getting tired of it out of sheer honesty. I switched to Firefox and swore by it a few years back and stuck with it when Internet Explorer stopped responding all the time. And now Firefox is doing the same thing. It's the latest version, so why is it suddenly so buggy? Nothing else on my computer is misbehaving like this.

cenaris

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
It's not that one I have. It's "Easy Youtube Video Downloader" and it suddenly seems to be not compatible with 3.6. I'm taking it off since I don't use it anyway.

graywolf

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2010

People do have issues, even if you haven't. :kaola: I also work at mozillazine.org. Wanna see dozens of issues per day? forums.mozillazine.org

Jellwood--
1--do you have any toolbars added on? Google, Yahoo, ZoneAlarm, Ask.com?

2--Can you run it in Firefox Safe Mode (not Windows Safe Mode,) and do you still have the same slowness?

3--You've hijacked cenaris' thread

graywolf

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2010

Add-ons are developed by private developers. When you upgrade, they're not always compatible, until the developer upgrades his add-on too. That's just a fact of life with Firefox, not a bug or issue. It's all open-source.