Is lifting a heat spreader like this a cause for concern?

Zader114

Estimable
Apr 13, 2015
I have a gaming laptop, actually more like just a multimedia laptop. I brought it to the service center one time to have my RAM and SSD upgraded. The technician (who seemed to be not in his proper state of mind), lifted a foil-looking sheet inside my laptop. He seemed to have realized this shouldn't be done so put it back on immediately. This sheet seems to be a heat spreader of some kind and I'm worried that lifting it up could have ruined its effectiveness since it may have a thermal paste inside which has already dried. I have no idea what is under this foil but my guess is that it is the graphics card, a NVidia GeForce GT740m. Does this particular card really come with heat spreaders like this? This sheet is right under my touchpad, which gets really hot most of the time, especially when I'm playing Watch Dogs, which is a gpu intensive game. Should I bring it back to SC? To be clear, my only worry is that this foil could have a thermal paste underneath it, and I heard that lifting a heat spreader with the thermal paste already on it would ruin the effectiveness of the spreader in cooling. I have opened several laptops before and this is the first time I saw this foil-looking material. The laptop is still under warranty so my only option is to bring it to the service center again (which is very far from my home) if this is really a cause of concern. Please look at this pic for reference: http://www.notebookcheck.net/fileadmin/Notebooks/Nexoc/M512/IMG_9781.jpg. Thank you very much in advance!

Zader114

Estimable
Apr 13, 2015

Oh, the EMF shielding, so that's what it looks like. Thanks a lot sir!