Is my Philips vcr/dvd player compatible with my samsung hdtv?

If your TV has an AV input you should be able to use the the VCR/DVD for playback. You won't be able to record since the TV doesn't have a video output. Check the TV manual on how to configure the AV input. You may have to set it to composite rather than component video.
If the TV doesn't have an AV input then you will need an AV to HDMI converter.

If your TV has an AV input you should be able to use the the VCR/DVD for playback. You won't be able to record since the TV doesn't have a video output. Check the TV manual on how to configure the AV input. You may have to set it to composite rather than component video.
If the TV doesn't have an AV input then you will need an AV to HDMI converter.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Streaming Video & TVs 1
F Streaming Video & TVs 2
G Streaming Video & TVs 2
W Streaming Video & TVs 2
J Streaming Video & TVs 2
Z Streaming Video & TVs 1
D Streaming Video & TVs 7
Z Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
W Streaming Video & TVs 1
E Streaming Video & TVs 1
M Streaming Video & TVs 2
C Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 2
A Streaming Video & TVs 2
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 2
B Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
Similar threads
How do I get color to show using Philips DVD VHS player and sharp tv
Philips HTS5120 - Can I use subwoofer in another setup?
Issues with Philips 43PUS6262/12
They have a Philips model number dvp3962 / 37 DVD player and remote en-31607e how can I
I have a philips DVD Recorder/player/VCR model DVDR3545v, and i need to know how to hook it up to my Emerson flat screen tv. I
Control a Philips DVD player with a element controller
Problem connecting blu-ray player to projector
How do I hook up my red yellow and white to my Philips DVD player that has yellow red white orange green and blue
How do i get my movie to play in color with a philips tv and an apex digital dvd player
My Philips DVD player is showing the movie on the TV but no sound please help
Toshibi DVD player to the latest smart Phillips TV
I have a Philips dvd player..never used one. Dummy hete need help step by step to get this going. Tv is on.its all hooked up.
I have a old philips tv that i want to connect my blu rays dvd players suround sound(samsung) my tv doesnt have arc
I have a seiki tv and a Philips DVD player how do I hook my DVD player to my tv
How can i connect my pc my tv and my dvd player to my home theatre philips mx d7500? My samsung led have hdmi and rca
Hey I have a Philips smart tv and I am trying to connect my DVD player to the tv when I try to connect it says no signal
Am trying to connect a old Philips 634/051 in to a Samsung smart TVs
I am trying to connect an old Philips MX6050D surround sound DVD player my samsung smart TV
no sound when hooking a philips dvd player to an element tv
Philips CSA 300

ASK THE COMMUNITY