Solved! Is there a licensing issue when mirroring cable stations

Dec 25, 2018
I can watch any of my cable station via WiFi on my iOS devices while on my home network. But when I mirror my iOS device onto my tv using apply tv, I get a license error. I now have a firetv. How can I mirror cable station that I see on my iOS device onto my firetv?

Math Geek

Estimable
Herald
Oct 15, 2014
they've let you watch it on mobile but won't allow it to be cast elsewhere. sadly this is just the way the stations have chosen to do it :(

i've had some success casting via miracast/wifi direct when the others won't work. you can try it that way from your tablet but not sure ios has that built in. i don't own one anymore so don't even know if there are miracast apps in the store you can install. you can do a quick search and check and perhaps get lucky.

but if the app won't allow it, then there is nothing you can do....

Math Geek

Estimable
Herald
Oct 15, 2014
they've let you watch it on mobile but won't allow it to be cast elsewhere. sadly this is just the way the stations have chosen to do it :(

i've had some success casting via miracast/wifi direct when the others won't work. you can try it that way from your tablet but not sure ios has that built in. i don't own one anymore so don't even know if there are miracast apps in the store you can install. you can do a quick search and check and perhaps get lucky.

but if the app won't allow it, then there is nothing you can do....

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Streaming Video & TVs 0
exfileme Streaming Video & TVs 44
exfileme Streaming Video & TVs 5
JMcEntegart Streaming Video & TVs 30
exfileme Streaming Video & TVs 16
R Streaming Video & TVs 6
G Streaming Video & TVs 29
exfileme Streaming Video & TVs 13
G Streaming Video & TVs 49
G Streaming Video & TVs 4
G Streaming Video & TVs 0