Is there something wrong with my gpu? [laptop]

Bapple

Commendable
Feb 2, 2017
So while waiting for my pc, i'm borrowing my friends laptop. I'd assume it'd be able to run some games since it has a gtx 950m, but in overwatch i'm not getting the results i'd expected. When i open it, it runs smoothly for 3-4 minutes and then starts stuttering to the point of being nearly unplayable(the fps display counter stays the same). How can i fix this?
Specs:
I7-5500U
Gtx 950m
16GB ram
1TB HDD
Thanks in advance

Solution
Have you checked the heat of the laptop? Laptops are very prone to thermal throttling.

I would use a software such as MSI Afterburner (for GPU) and RealTemp (CPU) to monitor the temps on that laptop.

You should also use MSI Afterburner to see how hard your GPU is actually pushing and if you see any throttling due to high temps.

LucaFire

Estimable
Jul 2, 2014
Have you checked the heat of the laptop? Laptops are very prone to thermal throttling.

I would use a software such as MSI Afterburner (for GPU) and RealTemp (CPU) to monitor the temps on that laptop.

You should also use MSI Afterburner to see how hard your GPU is actually pushing and if you see any throttling due to high temps.

Solution