I've been using my SD card for the 3 years I've had my canon eos 1000D and now when I insert it, it cannot be formatted. Stuck

wordofmitch

Honorable
Jun 28, 2013
Hi there,

First off I would check if your PC/Mac recognizes the card.

Plug the card into a PC/Mac and wait for it to show up. If it doesn't appear you may want to check 'Disk management' on PC or 'Disk utility' on Mac.

Unfortunately, at this point, if the SD card isn't listed it is more than likely the card is dead. The only way to recover data off an SD at this point is to take the flash chip off the card and re-solder it onto another, working, chip which has to be done by a trained technician.

If the SD card does show up you may want to format the SD on the computer to FAT32.

Place the SD card back in your camera and try formatting it again.

Let me know how this goes!

wordofmitch

Honorable
Jun 28, 2013
Hi there,

First off I would check if your PC/Mac recognizes the card.

Plug the card into a PC/Mac and wait for it to show up. If it doesn't appear you may want to check 'Disk management' on PC or 'Disk utility' on Mac.

Unfortunately, at this point, if the SD card isn't listed it is more than likely the card is dead. The only way to recover data off an SD at this point is to take the flash chip off the card and re-solder it onto another, working, chip which has to be done by a trained technician.

If the SD card does show up you may want to format the SD on the computer to FAT32.

Place the SD card back in your camera and try formatting it again.

Let me know how this goes!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Digital Cameras 8
C Digital Cameras 1
K Digital Cameras 3
S Digital Cameras 124
Y Digital Cameras 4
G Digital Cameras 0
MEMOFLEX Digital Cameras 2
N Digital Cameras 2
D Digital Cameras 1
L Digital Cameras 1