Jabra usb headset connecting to 2.5mm jack

willFromCT

Estimable
Jan 29, 2016
Hello,

I have a Jabra Pro 930 that has a mini usb port that connects to a computer's USB port. The headset for my Panasonic cordless phone (2.5 mm) broke and I'd like to connect the base of my Jabra headset to the 2.5mm input jack in my phone. Is it possible? I've been searching for a cable/adapter for some time now, to no avail.

Thanks!

Solution

Not possible because it doesn't make sense. Would you ever plug in a hose from your kitchen sink into your car's gas tank because you need to fill it? No, they are entirely different things with different purposes and requirements.

You can easily purchase replacement cables that plug into 2.5mm ports from bhphotovideo and others. Maybe something like...

Not possible because it doesn't make sense. Would you ever plug in a hose from your kitchen sink into your car's gas tank because you need to fill it? No, they are entirely different things with different purposes and requirements.

You can easily purchase replacement cables that plug into 2.5mm ports from bhphotovideo and others. Maybe something like http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1119474-REG/jabra_8800_01_46_6_56_coiled_headset_cable.html will work, but you need to check your specific model to see if it's compatible

Solution

Iant8247

Commendable
Apr 11, 2016
Dont know the 930 but i have a jabra halo2 it has a micro usb port which is used for charging and connecting to a PC. I can connect to samsung android phone and tabled for calls and music using a cable supplied by jabra. Has micro usb one end . Pusth button (pauses music and answes phone) and 4 connection jack at other i think 2.5mm. No sign of any electronics in length.

Iant8247

Commendable
Apr 11, 2016
Dont know the 930 but i have a jabra halo2 headset and the micro usb port that connects to laptop and windows (auto loads drivers) or charger can connect to samsung jacksocket for music or phonecalls on both galaxy S6 and galaxy TabS. It was supplied with halo2.
It has micro usb one end. A small push button to pause music or answer calls. A 4 connection jack at other end . Body - 2 rings and tip i think its 2.5mm. There is no evidence of any electronics in length. Push buttom to small to contain antything .
Code:
I surmize that jabra was very tricky with micro usb connector