Solved! JBL Xtreme spaker stopped working after AUX connection

Sep 11, 2019
Hi everyone!
So this is the situation,
i was playing music from my laptop to the JBL speaker for whole day with no problems.
20 mins ago, i had my music playing on the laptop and just went to connect it to the speaker, i heard crackling noises that you can always hear in the beggining of aux connection.
But then, suddenly, i heard quiet pop and the speaker just wont start again..
When i connect it to the charger just the first light is blinking.
I think that i made a mistake- i didnt stop the music befote the actual connection process and that maybe caused something to burn.
The real question is, are there any advices about fixing? What could be burnt in the speaker? Are there some fuses?
P.S. I received this as a gift and i think that it is "fake".
Please, any advice would be helpful.
Thanks in advance guys.

Solution
Does the speaker have bluetooth? Try it with that.
It will tell you if the problem is with the aux jack itself or something in the amp of the speaker. The jack could be replaced but would require soldering skills.
If the jack is bad it may not be covered by warranty but if the amp is bad then it's definitely covered by the warranty. If it is or isn't a real one you can contact the gifter and see if they can get it replaced.
It will tell you if the problem is with the aux jack itself or something in the amp of the speaker. The jack could be replaced but would require soldering skills.
If the jack is bad it may not be covered by warranty but if the amp is bad then it's definitely covered by the warranty. If it is or isn't a real one you can contact the gifter and see if they can get it replaced.

Reactions: Allen69
Solution
Sep 11, 2019
Thanks for the reply!
Yes it is indeed a fake JBL Xtreme bluetooth speaker but after the failed aux connection it wont start at all.