Key on keyboard still work after release

Nicknamed

Estimable
Dec 29, 2015
Hello,
I am using laptop Asus X455LD and for quite some time my keyboard acts really strange. The main keys that give this problem are W. This always happen during gaming when either of those keys has to be pressed for a really long time ('w' for walking for example) The problem occures after I release the key - it continues to function(character will keep moving and pressing S to go back will halt the character in place for several seconds until the effect is gone and then starts walking backwards as normal)
The laptop is less than an year old and I am sure nothing has been spilled of the keyboard. Is it possible to be a software problem? I remove the w key and clean it... the problem still occurs.
It also happens on notepad but it rarely happens. super rare but in games its always happens
When i remove the w key and press it directly through the rubber cap, it works fine. really fine.

Solution
Hi,

There are only few things you can do with that problem.
- Start by uninstalling/reinstalling the driver of your keyboard in Device Manager.
- If that doesn't work try connecting an external keyboard and see if the same problem will persist with it. If not that means its a hardware problem and replacing the whole keyboard would be the only solution.
- Another step you can try before replacing the keyboard is to press that stuck key using Ease of Access (onscreen keyboard).
- Again if all these will not work that means you'll need to replace the keyboard itself.
Hi,

There are only few things you can do with that problem.
- Start by uninstalling/reinstalling the driver of your keyboard in Device Manager.
- If that doesn't work try connecting an external keyboard and see if the same problem will persist with it. If not that means its a hardware problem and replacing the whole keyboard would be the only solution.
- Another step you can try before replacing the keyboard is to press that stuck key using Ease of Access (onscreen keyboard).
- Again if all these will not work that means you'll need to replace the keyboard itself.

Solution