fr0stdude

Honorable
May 29, 2013
Hey guys,

I had a Logitech G930 for about two years, I thought the Logitech G930 had good sound quality, however it is the only headset I have ever tried. I am currently looking for a gaming solution of either a headphone/zalman mic combo or a headset for under $100. I have read great reviews on the HyperX Cloud II and I was wondering compared to the G930 how is the sound quality? Is it better, worse, about the same?

Solution

DasHotShot

Estimable
Feb 17, 2015

Despite what some of the marketing claims around these firms...it will almost inadvertently be the same. The thing is, these pieces of hardware are built for the masses and are produced to sell in big numbers quickly.

How much better can one bit of hardware off a production line be than the other really?

Tom's tested this actually and came to the conclusion that the normal user won't be able to tell the difference between a q$2 codec and a $2000 headset.

Focus on what feels good, performs well in terms of sound and mic quality for you and what is built well (the less plastic, the better).

I run a Behringer C1-U coupled with studio grade headphones, as both were built for purpose. Honestly though, the difference in games is so minute compared to my steelseries backup headset.

fr0stdude

Honorable
May 29, 2013

Definitely, I understand that most people probably won't notice the difference between these type of headsets, since I have never tried anything other than the G930 that is why I am asking to see the general consensus. If all else fails I might just buy the cloud and compare it to the G930 myself.

DasHotShot

Estimable
Feb 17, 2015

Some suggestions. Go to a store which has some out and listen in.

Borrow a friends or go to their's and listen in.

Go to a hardware exhibition and try some out.

Try and compare a little without buying an expensive new set to find it is the same or worse or a little better. It's your call, however there are other ways to deal with this.

Also, it sounds to me like you are just wondering if the grass is greener on the other side...usually not so. You have a really good pair of headphones and I would just hold on to them until they break.

Solution