Kyocera Hydro View

hogshead84

Prominent
Dec 15, 2017
I have a KYOCERA HYDRO VIEW that when I try to do a Hard Reset on this device it doesn't go to the options for me to do a FACTORY RESET. I have tried to do a hard reset in two ways I hold down Volume up botton & Power buttom [OR] Volume down button & Power button until it pops up the starting screen [KYOCERA logo] then I release the two buttons but it says ANDROID DEVICE STARTING. The device processed to say OPTIMIZING APPS 1 of 144 apps. What is going wrong? What are my options? PLEASE HELP

Solution
If done correctly it should take you to the recovery screen. You also have to start with the device turned completely off and have removed any SD card.

Side note... If the SD card was converted to "Internal" storage, so that apps can run on it, then you must remove that and make it normal "External" storage before removing it and doing the reset. As the reset would make a encoded SD card unreadable.
If done correctly it should take you to the recovery screen. You also have to start with the device turned completely off and have removed any SD card.

Side note... If the SD card was converted to "Internal" storage, so that apps can run on it, then you must remove that and make it normal "External" storage before removing it and doing the reset. As the reset would make a encoded SD card unreadable.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS