Laptop abruptly turn offs only when idling - no overheat

MySeaGateIsDown

Estimable
Jul 9, 2015
I've a weird thing going on in my system. I have an i7 crystalwell notebook processor that heats up to 87-degree celsius when I play games like Battlefield on ultra settings. Though I play that way for a whole day, the laptop stays fine. But when I am on puny apps like Sublime text, MS word or Chrome, rarely the laptops shuts off like someone had pulled the power. The temps while idling are average at 56-degree celsius. What could be the issue here?

Speccy snapshot summary - http://pasteboard.co/w4bdSIrA.jpg

Solution
I hate to tell you, but that temp IS overheating. A laptop shouldn't be that hot. And over time (shorter than normal) that is going to cause damage. The other temps are OK though.

It could be a few things. It could be due to those other temps and the device just reaches a point where it has to shut down to get a break from the temps. It could also be a virus or malware. Even a bad program running in the background and using up resources, or wreaking havoc. There are other things that could cause it too. I would start with the above though.
I hate to tell you, but that temp IS overheating. A laptop shouldn't be that hot. And over time (shorter than normal) that is going to cause damage. The other temps are OK though.

It could be a few things. It could be due to those other temps and the device just reaches a point where it has to shut down to get a break from the temps. It could also be a virus or malware. Even a bad program running in the background and using up resources, or wreaking havoc. There are other things that could cause it too. I would start with the above though.

Solution