Laptop Battery Not Charging, stuck at 0%

Herc08

Respectable
Aug 6, 2016
Hey guys.

Got a weird one. Dealing with a customer's laptop. I have replaced the battery and AC adapter. The AC adapter works with the battery in, so I know something should getting power. However, the battery is stuck on "plugged in, charging 0%" and not sure what the issue could be. I have reseat the CMOS battery (it's a wire as the battery is in a black sleeve). The customer has a Windows 7 32-bit installed. Also the laptop is a Dell XPS m1330 (pretty old). Any ideas to get the battery working?

Herc08

Respectable
Aug 6, 2016
Well, it's not the wall or the AC adapter. I just bought a brand new AC adapter from dell.com, and now all of the sudden the light on the charger goes out whenever I plug it. Not sure why this is the case. It was just up and running, and out of sudden it dies. I tried to discharge the residue, but that is not working. It gets power from the wall, but as soon as I plug it in, it doesn't work. Tried 6 sockets, and same effect. Tried the old ac adapter, and same effect as well. Any ideas? Please don't say replace the motherboard....

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
AG95 Laptop Tech Support 5
Nategreg Laptop Tech Support 0
maybeits_jack Laptop Tech Support 2
Neon The (Anthro) Umbreon Laptop Tech Support 3
N Laptop Tech Support 1
X Laptop Tech Support 5
M Laptop Tech Support 6
Maciecakes Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 1