Question Laptop Battery Plugged in not charging

Sep 14, 2019
My battery recently stopped charging after I replaced the network card in my PC. I don't know if the two things are related but it does seem highly coincidental that after I swapped the card and did a driver update, the battery stopped charging. The AC cable works fine but the computer says "Connected, charging" and the battery doesn't charge. It's now at 0% with my computer running solely off my charger.

I tried updating windows and uninstalling drivers and taking out the battery and draining power from the system before a reboot and all of those things didn't work. My battery diagnostic said my battery storage capacity was fine and that it's discharging correctly. I'm just worried that perhaps I messed up internal circuitry in my laptop while replacing some components despite my carefulness, especially since I didn't take my battery out during the component swap.

Do you guys think that the battery might be bad and how would I go about checking if the problem is with the internal circuitry instead? Thanks for your help!

Sep 14, 2019
No, I was an idiot and left the battery when I swapped out the card. I didn't think it would be an issue and I've done similar operations before without it affecting anything. The network card is pretty close to the battery though and although I tried not to damage anything, and tried to stay grounded (without a grounding strip, again, silly me) I'm not sure if I was successful in that. I'm beginning to think that it might be something internal I messed up I just don't know what to look for.

I have attached the diagnostic in case that helps you pinpoint the issue. I tried all the troubleshooting stuff for non-technical people to no avail. Hoping someone here has a little hardware knowledge that could help me.

Battery Diagnostic Picture: https://ibb.co/12y1Mqq

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Laptop Tech Support 5
CptBaas Laptop Tech Support 0
Adnansattar Laptop Tech Support 6
CL19 Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 3
A Laptop Tech Support 3
A Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 5
P Laptop Tech Support 1