Juliexb

Commendable
Apr 21, 2016
Hi, my built in, laptop webcam suddenly doesn't work when using skype or any other video program?! i checked under Control Panel-device manager-imaging devices and it says it's working properly. i uninstalled, restarted and it reinstalled the driver again but still the cam won't come on? Please help. Thanks

Juliexb

Commendable
Apr 21, 2016
Did that, after it ran it said no web cam found... grrrrr. I think what happened was a few weeks ago i did Ctrl Alt Del and closed some things in the task manager... would that cause my web cam to stop working? i wasn't using it at the time though?!

Juliexb

Commendable
Apr 21, 2016
For some reason last system restore point was a few hours ago?! Oddly enough i tried playing music with Windows Media player.. says this "Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly." But itunes plays my music so any ideas now? Thanks by the way for your info so far.