Solved! Laptop connects via Ethernet or WiFi but no Internet [SOLVED]

May 25, 2018
My laptop always USED TO connect to our household internet router either via Ethernet or WiFi via SSID. In fact, I have always configured the router via that laptop (Microsoft Surface PRO4).

To this day that laptop STILL connects wirelessly or via ethernet cable, and even through my phone's hotspot connection --- but since LAST WEEK, neither of these connections give my SURFACE laptop access to the Internet.

Meanwhile, all our other devices, smart TVs, smart phones, tablets, and even this HP laptop i am now using to write this query online, continue to work with the household internet as usual.

When I perform network troubleshooting on Windows 10 settings on this Microsoft Surface Pro4, the feedback given is...

"Wi-Fi" doesn't have a valid IP configuration.

PLEASE HELP!

May 25, 2018
Additional info:

The internet router uses Default Gateway IP 192.168.0.1 (192.168.100.1), but on doing ipconfig on the SURFACEPRO, i get below info on Wireless LAN adapter:

Description: Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-AC Network Controller
DHCP Enabled...: Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled...: Yes
Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address...: 169.254.77.96 (preferred) ---> Shouldn't this be 192.168.0.xx, where xx = 1 - 254?)
Default Gateway...: <blank>

Hope the above info provides clarity for analysis... Thanks all...

May 25, 2018
Additional info-2:

After doing ipconfig /renew,I get the message below regarding Wi-Fi:

"An error occurred while renewing interface Wi-Fi : The system cannot find the file specified.

May 25, 2018
Thanks. I took the advise and went on to try re-installation of network drivers, but since i could not locate them on the hard drive, I just did a system recovery; that way the system files were all reset from defaults, and I got to keep all the data files. The only inconvenience was that I had to re-install my Office 365, Adobe, and a few more applications. Now my Surface Pro is back to normal.

Thank you for the assistance...