Laptop Jingling Sound

resciwaters

Prominent
Sep 15, 2017
i have a fairly new ASUS laptop. I picked it up and tilted it very slightly and it started making this jingling rattling noise. Not the type noise that is often described. Like someone was seriously ringing a bell. I tilted it again and it made this noise again. It's not making the noise anymore and it's operating fine. Yes, the volume was off. What is it? Should I be worried?

Solution
Must be the cooling fan brushing up against a dislodge foreign particle. I've had an incident where the insulating material to prevent the fan from brushing up against the motherboard soldering came loos and got caught int eh fan itself causing a fan failure.

Make and model of your laptop? If it's not causing your laptop to shut down without notice and it's not repeatable, I'd leave it alone. mind you you shouldn't move a laptop while it's operating, higher chance for the mechanical drive to damage itself(if it's equipped with one).

Lutfij

Splendid
Must be the cooling fan brushing up against a dislodge foreign particle. I've had an incident where the insulating material to prevent the fan from brushing up against the motherboard soldering came loos and got caught int eh fan itself causing a fan failure.

Make and model of your laptop? If it's not causing your laptop to shut down without notice and it's not repeatable, I'd leave it alone. mind you you shouldn't move a laptop while it's operating, higher chance for the mechanical drive to damage itself(if it's equipped with one).

Solution