tomsguideUS

Estimable
Oct 7, 2014
Our friends over at Laptop Mag keep a running record of the best laptops of the year.

how-we-test-meaning-ec.jpg

To help you all pick the best laptop, we'll be linking to some of their reviews here. See Laptop Mag's Best Laptops in full for all of the best picks and information.

Need more picks? Perhaps you want a Chromebook, small laptop, or one for video editing? Check out Laptopmag.com.

Go to Laptopmag.com for the latest updates.

okcnaline

Honorable
Herald
Nov 17, 2013
Best video editing goes to the 15" premium model from the ZenBook like? S*** my ***. Seriously. For about the same price, you can get an i7 with a Quadro K1100M, which would wreck the GT 940 by certified CUDA acceleration.
But the XPS 13 is probably the best ultrabook out right now. That one I can agree with.

okcnaline

Honorable
Herald
Nov 17, 2013
I love X1 Carbon's look, but...
1) It's $200 more expensive.
2) It's 1" bigger, diagonally. While still well portable, eh... Slightly harder to say it's portable.

Plus, I heard that recently Lenovo's quality dropped a bit. So... Yeah. X1 Carbon the best ultrabook? Eh... Hard to say.

quilline

Commendable
Aug 17, 2016
I'm looking for a laptop that could boost my productivity and help my small business grow. I think Lenovo ThinkPad T450s has all the brilliant features on it. What do you think guys? But there are also other brands and models out there the boasts the same features. Which among is the best and has the excellent value. I'm looking forward for the replies in this thread.

Ramya_3

Commendable
Aug 19, 2016
Yaa Lenovo Thinkpad have beat features. But there are some other laptops are also there. Which have advanced features. They are dell, Acer, Samsung. In these laptops there are no driver issues.

Shishudo

Prominent
Mar 2, 2017
I recently purchased the Dell 7559 with the i5 chip 256GB SSD. This machine was under $800 bucks and handles everything perfectly well. Starts up about 10 seconds from off and handles all applications very well. I've been gaming on this thing too and it's held up pretty well. It's a good purchase after a few system setting tweaks.

MikeLevin

Prominent
Mar 9, 2017
I really like new Dell and HP laptops. They are the best. However, want to purchase last MSI notebook for gaming