Laptop only boots if I have some usb in

GreatTyler

Estimable
Jan 5, 2015
Ok so I make a few mistakes and may have completely broke my Windows 10. I finally got it to let me do a fresh install and everything was fine.... or so I thought.

When I boot up my PC I get this-
The application or operating system couldn't be loaded because a required file is missing or contains errors.
File: \Windows\system32\winload.efi
Error code: 0xc0000225

Now when I boot it up and change the boot option to USB ( When the usb inserted has nothing) It will say something like exiting pxe and then it boots into Windows... I have no idea whats going on

Solution
Did you delete all partitions on the hard drive and install Windows 10 on a clean drive? If not, do that, go to advanced disk options, delete all existing partitions, run the setup on the clean disk.

Make sure all your files and settings/passwords are already saved somewhere else before doing this.
Did you delete all partitions on the hard drive and install Windows 10 on a clean drive? If not, do that, go to advanced disk options, delete all existing partitions, run the setup on the clean disk.

Make sure all your files and settings/passwords are already saved somewhere else before doing this.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS